Pages

Sep 8, 2011

Spring Time

Even though Spring officially started a week ago already, it was only yesterday that i really felt Spring, all the way through to my bones.  We celebrated the lovely weather with our first braai in absolute ages (i will abstain from mentioning how long so as to maintain my status of Proudly South African).  Speaking of which, yay!!! RWC 2011 starting soon and we (the royal 'we', 'cos i'm not at all involved actually) will be playing our first RWC match in Wellington, NZ on Sunday morning.  To celebrate this, in true Proudly SA style, we've invited some friends over for a potjie!  Am i redeemed?  


Anyway, i digress... back to Spring.  While sitting in my almost beautiful garden, regretting that i have to be sitting with my laptop in front of me and not getting my hands dirty, i feel like inspiring you with some beautiful Spring-themed goodies.  So here you are... enjoy :)


The baking trend that has hit the US hard - Cake pops, and the lady who does them the best (my opinion) - Bakerella, made these very lovely daisy-inspired cake pops


And these delightful little bees too


Beautiful Kath Kidston-inspired flower cookies by the incredibly talented Roxanne Floquet


S'more pretty flowers, this time by SweetSugarBelle


I think that these pretty blossom trees are my favourite

These au natural edible sugar biscuits from the Martha Stewart's Wedding site are such a lovely idea and so easy to make - no skill required, just a few pansies flowering in your garden!

And, what a blog by me be without a few pretty petits fours!  



HAPPY SPRING everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment