Another good one for the Christmas cookie platter...
Or if you're hosting a dinner sometime soon, why not do as i did...
I made these as part of the dessert platters for an end of year function last week. Topped with brie and a sliver of green fig preserve - DELICIOUS!!! I love the green fig and cheese combo, one of my favourite indulgent snacks. I usually put the two on digestive biscuits, but the spicy ginger is a welcome addition to this flavour combination - it works beyootifully :) For some extra indulgence - sprinkle or drizzle a bit of dark chocolate over... hmmm decadent!
This recipe is another great from Donna Hay...
60 g butter
1/2 cup golden syrup
1 t bicarb
1 1/4 cup cake flour
1 T finely chopped glace ginger
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter and golden syrup over low heat.
2. Add the bicarb and allow to fizz. Remove from the heat.
3. Combine the flour, sugar and ginger in a bowl.
4. Pour the butter mixture over this and mix well.
5. Place spoonfuls of the mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Take care to leave enough space between the spoonfuls as the mixture expands quite a bit.
6. Bake for 15 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 160 degrees Celsius. Don't be concerned if they aren't as crispy as you know them to be when the come out of the oven. The biscuits crisp up as soon as they cool down.